Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY SWEETIE

17 years ago today I tied the knot. We did not date long and we both felt that we were for each other so we eloped. I know now that it would have been better to have a church wedding and all but at 18 and in love I could not think clearly. I was going through some rough times in my life and had just gotten back to God at a revival. I really feel that God put us together and what God puts together is always best. So after 17 years and 5 kids and numerous hurdles and trials we are still much in love.

We did have 2 wedding receptions from our families and were able to do the cake thing. We tried to do a wedding vowel renewal at 10 years but it did not work out. Who knows, may for our 20th.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....17 years. What an awesome accomplishment! Happy Anniversary!

tacomom said...

Congratulations! I did not know that about you :):) My parent's eloped and after planning our wedding for almost a year I sooooo wanted to but my wise husband refused to allow me to regret that for the rest of our lives (and I probably would have). But you are right, when that person is the right one, you just KNOW!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget that day & phone call! You are a very lucky woman to have what you do. I'm sure you count your blessings. Congratulations! Love Ya Sis

Busy Mom said...

Diana
Leaving you during that time of your teenage years when you were going through so much was one of the downsides of eloping. I wish we lived closer and I could have been there more for you. I am proud of you even if you think your life is not "normal". Remember that no matter what Jesus loves you and so do I
Your sister
Marlinda

Karalynne said...

Just wanted to say "Happy Anniversary! Hope it was a really great day! We miss seeing all of you! Have a Merry Christmas!